There are many professions where having a coach is critical to the person or team’s performance and success…professional and amateur athletes and athletic teams, singers, musicians and actors. More and more we are finding business leaders and their teams hiring a coach.
Why do people hire a coach?
- To improve technique and performance
- To receive honest and direct feedback
- To be held accountable
- To be challenged to improve and grow
Ask yourself if having a coach would help you and your organization to become stronger, more focused, a better place to work, more profitable or whatever else you need and are looking for.
Having a coach is no longer a sign of weakness, rather it is a sign of recognition that there is room for improvement and growth, that the status quo is not acceptable and that the leader and organization have their eyes on much larger goals in the future.
What is the best way to select a coach?
- Determine what it is that you and your organization are looking for from a coach, is it for the team or certain individuals?
- Are you looking for specific expertise in your industry? If so, you may not want a coach, instead consider a consultant to come in and help solve a few problems or issues and then move on.
- What type of interaction do you want with the coach
- Frequent conversations (via the telephone or Zoom) with you and / or members of the leadership team
- Regular meetings with you and / or the leadership team
- Annual strategy and plan development with the team
- Assistance in holding yourself and team more accountable for their performance
- Preparation to maximize the selling price of your company
There are many reasons that business leaders hire a coach. Knowing what you want will make it easier to search for and select the right coach for you. Here is some information about my process: The 55 Questions Discovery Process
Most entrepreneurs face 3 issues:
- More profit
- More committed people
- More freedom
I offer two forms of coaching for business leaders:
- Virtual coaching for a business owner of a privately held company in the manufacturing or service industry CEO Virtual Coaching Process Link/
- Face-to-face coaching for a business owner of a privately held company in the manufacturing or service industry and their leadership team. 55questions.com/ceo-leadership-team-coaching-process/
The result of my coaching is:
- A working strategy
- Focused execution
- Improved cash flow
- Open communication
- A collaborative process
- Real accountability
I am committed to my clients’ success:
- Providing honest feedback
- Asking challenging questions
- Using proven tools and process
- To learning and personal growth
I use 10 or more books in my process, including:
- Scaling Up by Verne Harnish
- 3HAG Way by Shannon Byre Susko
- Rock & Sand by Michael Synk
- The 3×5 Coach by Dave Baney
- The Ideal Team Player by Patrick Lencioni
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
- The Coaching Habit by Michael Bungay Stanier
- Simple Numbers by Greg Crabtree
- Turning the Flywheel by Jim Collins
- Strengthsfinder 2.0 by Tom Rath
My professional history includes leadership in the following disciplines in both Corporate and Field positions during my career:
- Operations…managing over 10,000 people
- Marketing…managing more than $2 billion in expenditures
- Real Estate and Construction…building 660 restaurants
- Consumer Research…in 25 countries
- Click here to hear more…
If it sounds like I may be able to help you, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 752-0134.
Dave Baney is the founder and CEO of 55 Questions, LLC and author of “The 3×5 Coach: A Practical Guide to Coaching Your Team for Greater Results and Happier People”, which is now available in Paperback or a Kindle version at https://tinyurl.com/y8ecykfy
At 55 Questions, we work with successful top executives with a driving ambition to crush their competition. We help CEOs and Entrepreneurs improve alignment, communication and accountability throughout their organization. www.55Questions.com
Follow Dave on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/davebaney55questions/