Go with the flow might ring a bell with many of us. Often we try and keep our schedules open, rejecting the idea of a tight schedule.
However, there is something to be said about keeping a routine, it will benefit your health, well-being and your productivity!
Wouldn’t we all like to wake up every morning with focus, motivation and energy to conquer the day!
If you make it a priority to start out every day like that, imagine how productive your days will be and then imagine how prosperous your life and business will be.
So how can you start off your day with a routine that will make you successful…
- Waking up: It is important to get into tune with your body’s internal clock. Let your body go to sleep when it is ready and if you sleep past 6am, don’t feel you have already lost time in your day. Getting enough sleep will guide you to having your most productive day.
- No morning decisions: Instead of waking up and having to decide what to take care of right away, make a list the night before of the most important tasks you need to accomplish the next day. This will free up your morning on the decision making process and you can get right to work. You will have much more time and energy to focus and it will help make it a productive day.
- Make a routine: When you visualize and create a morning routine for yourself, you will stay focused on what is important: There isn’t going to be one set routine for everyone. You will need to concentrate on planning for your days’ time and include your big picture goals. Once you become proficient at this morning routine you will be at your most productive.
- Health: When you feel great, you can tackle the difficulties that arise with much more clarity and ease. It doesn’t have to be a full workout, but it is important to get the blood flowing to start your day and to stay hydrated as well. Getting moving first thing will give you energy throughout the day.
- Tackle it: Instead of procrastinating your most overwhelming task, attack it! By clearing away a few smaller tasks or one considerable one, these triumphs first thing in the morning will lead to much more productivity in the long run.
Morning time doesn’t have to be rough. If you will set yourself up a routine and stay focused with it, you will have much more productivity thought-out the day.
You can even try implementing one step a week until you start seeing the improvements.
Since we do live in a world with lots of distractions, being productive and staying focused is just a matter of good routine!
Do you have a daily routine?
Dave Baney is the founder and CEO of 55 Questions, LLC and author of "The 3x5 Coach: A Practical Guide to Coaching Your Team for Greater Results and Happier People", which is now available in Paperback or a Kindle version at https://tinyurl.com/y8ecykfy