Develop a Purpose for all Employees!
It is so essential that your organization has a purpose in business today, because when your employees feel connected to that purpose, there is a feeling of caring about something larger than themselves.
When people have a strong sense of purpose, they live longer, are healthier, have a better attitude, are more resilient to the pressures at work and overall just live more productive lives.
Know that when your employees are feeling fulfilled at work and feel as if their talents have a purpose, it means they are doing a great job for your company, not a mediocre one!
So, by making it a necessity to define your company’s purpose, you can convey a higher calling to your employees and use it as a base for everything you do.
So what is the key to giving your staff a sense of purpose?
The culture of a company has a key part to play, binding the values and principles to the goals of the company gives your personnel a common objective to work toward.
This in turn will give your employees a greater sense of commitment because they will feel their daily work is impacting a larger purpose.
Creating a purposeful culture:
- Align department goals with the larger company strategy and foster an understanding of how inclusive organizational values can help them to achieve success.
- Line up employee’s performance goals with department goals.
- Encourage staff to share their goals across teams, this builds relationships with their colleagues and ownership amongst responsibilities.
- Support your staff to work in conjunction with departments to achieve their goals, all in achieving of the bigger purpose.
- Convey and compensate performance consistent with the company’s values.
Remember, your people need to know how they contribute to the company’s mission and their greatest sense of purpose will come when both, the organization and the employee foster this mindset on a daily basis.
This is not about exhausting the employees just to grow the company, it is about utilizing the company's means to develop your staff as individuals.
When your organization embraces and promotes a meaningful purpose for all its employees, it will flourish!
How do you share your company’s purpose with employees?Dave Baney is the founder and CEO of 55 Questions, LLC and author of "The 3x5 Coach: A Practical Guide to Coaching Your Team for Greater Results and Happier People", which is now available in Paperback or a Kindle version at https://tinyurl.com/y8ecykfy