Life can literally throw us all sorts of complications and whether you are a CEO, supervisor or a brand new intern, making important decisions is a daily life responsibility and the higher up the ladder you are, the higher the stakes are with every decision.
As a business leader, you must make reliable, consistent and faster decisions because you need to stay ahead of your competitors.
Nowadays, with technology progressing so quickly, we have so many ways to get immediate satisfaction and as managers we need to find ways to make good decisions faster with more knowledge and insight because that is what our customers are demanding.
It doesn’t matter if the decisions are big or small, they need to be smart or you will not move your business forward.
Sometimes it can be beneficial to delay a decision. You don’t want to regret anything, so never make an important or quick decision if you are…
- People pleasing
You want to make smart and purposeful choices, so make sure you…
- Get a good night’s sleep
- Partake in a cardio workout
- Make sure it aligns with your strategic plan
You will have to make decisions repeatedly at all levels. Try breaking them down to three different concentrations…
- Strategic: These decisions are big choices for your company. They are multifaceted and complex. They also could have a lasting impact and are usually taken by higher management.
- Tactical: These choices are about how to manage procedures to accomplish the strategy. They may involve significant resources, have moderate consequences and may be taken by senior or middle managers.
- Operational: Here you have more routine and accepted rules. These decisions involve more controlled resources and have a quicker function and can be administered by middle or first line managers.
Perhaps we don’t talk enough about our decisions and the importance that they have on our business growth.
It can be validating when you have the knowledge and are in control of decisions for your company.
When you have the ability to make smart decisions it directly influences the direction in which your business grows.
What strategies do you use to make smart decisions for your company?
Dave Baney is the founder and CEO of 55 Questions, LLC. We work with successful top executives with a driving ambition to crush their competition. We help CEOs and Entrepreneurs improve alignment, communication and accountability throughout their organization. www.55Questions.com
Follow Dave on twitter https://twitter.com/55Questions